Wednesday, November 9, 2011

falling behind

Again, I am behind on my blog posts! I swear, without fail, with winter around the corner I begin to go into hibernation mode like a bear. I am constantly thinking about sleep, sleep when I can, and sleep for long periods of time. Recently when Evie has been napping, I skip the housework and take a nap right along with her. Unfortunately, I prefer longer naps while she opts for short ones. And just like a bear, my appetite changes drastically in the winter. Unlike the rest of humanity who loves to load up on carbs during the colder months, I lose my appetite completely, sometimes eating one meal a day. It seems like my metabolism slows down, and I begin to use my reserves from warmer months. Ok, sorry for the TMI....All this to say I haven't been getting a lot done.

Anywho, Evie is officially walking!!!! This is great news as now she goes where she wants and sometimes entertains herself. It's very fun and exciting to see what interests her and what activities she chooses to engage in. You can typically find her walking around with her red bucket around her wrist or hiding in the curtains, her daddy's shirts, or the shower curtain. Evie is also waving "hi" and "bye" as well as saying, "HI!" Currently, her favorite toy is probably my phone that she pretends to talk on while holding up to her ear. She also makes a "woof" sound whenever we talk about dogs.

We also have more teeth!!! Her top two teeth have officially made an appearance. You can't miss them. They seem like they are going to be large and in charge just like mommy and daddy's. Poor girl! It also seems as though her incisors are erupting through her gums as she has had a few very slobbery days and been quite the crank monster.

In October we were very excited to have house guests! The Cleys visited Ann Arbor (technically Ypsilanti) and it was a blast! We visited a few pumpkin patches and took A LOT of pictures. Of course I became emotional when they left. This used to happen to me when I was pregnant, and I thought it had something to do with my pregnancy hormones, but apparently not. OR, maybe now I'm just conditioned to cry upon someone's departure.

<3 the cleys clan
We celebrated out first Halloween this year by trick or treating at a nursing home and downtown Ann Arbor. We even had two costumes. Evie was a pretty peacock as well as a zebra. The peacock costume is definitely my favorite but unfortunately not suitable for 50 degree weather. I had a great time, but I think Evie will enjoy next year's Halloween a bit more. She seemed to enjoy the attention at the nursing home but fell asleep in her stroller during our trick or treating stroll downtown.

fall trees at the arboretum 
the picture doesn't even capture the beauty of these trees

Evie and I have been staying busy with lots of playdates and walks. I am very thankful that I have so many mommy friends here in Ann Arbor! I basically make plans to get out of the house everyday otherwise we both go stir crazy (Evie and I can only play peek-a-boo in the curtains or dad's shirts before one of us gets bored or ends up in tears). We also made sure to enjoy the Indian Summer and fall colors before it became cold and the leaves fell of the trees. I still cannot believe it is November. I also have a birthday in a few days that I'm having some uneasiness about. Twenty-eight is starting to sound a bit old. I cannot believe I'm in my late twenties now. It's a bit of a slap in the face. Time really flies, especially when you have a kid! I remember my aunt telling me that once you turn 21, the years race by. At the time, I didn't believe her, but holy cow! I don't even remember years 22 through 26. I'm sure this has something to do with the 4 years I feel like I lost attending graduate school, but I had fun during those years, too! Didn't I? Why can't I seem to remember anything besides my wedding?

In other news, Dave has been working his typical long hours, which means we don't really see him. Sometimes Evie is asleep before he gets home. I feel bad for her and for Dave. Sometimes I feel bad for myself, too. First, I really like spending time with my husband. Second, this has lead Evie to become extremely attached to me. This is a problem when I need to separate from her for any reason. Today I put her in the nursery for my Side by Side group and she flipped. She cried for half an hour before they called me to the nursery. Then, I still couldn't calm her; every time I put her down, crying ensued. I'm not sure how to address this problem yet. Let me know if any of you have some suggestions.

We're looking forward to a visit from Abby Wassel starting tomorrow!!! I'm super excited to celebrate my birthday with her! Dave's parents are also coming in for a visit this weekend which should be really fun, too :) It should be an excellent birthday weekend!!!!

All this excitement has got me tired. My fatigue is beginning to get the best of me. Until next time (whenever that may be).
the arb trails during autumn are amazing!

pretty as a peacock

1 comment:

  1. Those pics of Evie are just amazing!!! What did you use in the first close-up shot?

    ReplyDelete