
We returned to Michigan and so did Autumn, our favorite season. Our little family enjoyed the remainder of our stay in Chicago (daddy joined us on the 17th), but it is so good to be back home! Unfortunately, it seems we couldn't leave Chicago without taking a souvenir along with us. Evie caught a virus which she so generously passed on to Dave and myself. We took our poor girl to the doctor who diagnosed her with croup. Our little peanut is doing much better now. We had our 9 month check up last week, and our little heavyweight is tipping the scale at around 18 pounds. She received the first round of a two part flu shot which will hopefully be beneficial in preventing future illnesses.
We happily jumped back into our routine and are enjoying our friends who we've missed while we have been away. We've been practicing walking and Evie can now walk with the help of her Sit to Stand Learning Walker (awesome invention, btw)! On most days Evie only takes one nap in the afternoon and typically goes to bed at 8 pm (hooray). Yesterday she started making her first consonant sounds!! It sounds like she's saying "PSH." I love it! She even spits a little when she says it :) Also, I noticed her little top tooth poking through! This little chick is growing up sooo fast.


We have been enjoying Autumn by visiting farms, cider mills, and orchards as much as we can. Dave had this past weekend off, so we headed to
Dexter Cider Mill (twice) to enjoy cider and donuts. Evie and I also visited
Three Cedars Farm on two occasions with friends. Both locations are extremely charming. I think I may have to take a break from these outings as it is possible that I have consumed a record breaking amount of sweets (in the form of sugar and cinnamon coated donuts) in the past 5 days. Nevertheless, we are really digging living in Michigan in the fall. The leaves have begun to change color, and I enjoy driving down the country roads admiring the massive trees and foliage. So much so that sometimes I accidentally swerve because I'm mesmerized by their beauty. I'm looking forward to enjoying as much time outside as I possibly can before the winter frost sets in and we're homebound. According to the forecast, we will be having at least a week of Indian Summer. We plan on taking full advantage of it.
 |
| we came across these trees when driving on the back roads by our home |

No comments:
Post a Comment